Protect your chimney and prolong service life with a high-quality chimney cap or damper.
The flue opening at the top of your chimney can easily and effectively be protected against rain, snow, sleet, animals, and birds with a quality chimney cap or top-sealing damper.
Keeping the flue free of obstructions and moisture is one of the best and most important things you can do for your chimney system, and when you choose a quality chimney cap or top-sealing damper, you can expect a lifetime of protection.
- CHIMNEY CAPS
- TOP-SEALING DAMPERS
- CLASS A CHIMNEYS
Chimney caps prevent rain, snow, ice, and debris from collecting in your chimney and keep animals and birds out. Chimney caps also provide spark protection, preventing stray sparks from starting a fire on the roof or in nearby trees or foliage.
- A quality chimney cap may also solve poor draft and smoke problems.
- We recommend stainless steel or copper chimney caps which resist corrosion and prevent rust staining.
- The ideal chimney cap will cover all surface areas of the chimney and provide water protection to the entire exterior top.
The damper is an integral part of your fireplace chimney. It prevents air loss and downdraftsdown drafts when the chimney is not in use. Unlike traditional throat dampers, a chimney top damper is installed at the top of the chimney enabling proper closing and sealing.
- Many fireplace dampers are rusted, broken, and needin need of repair or replacement.
- If the fireplace damper that seals the throat of your fireplace is damaged, we highly recommend replacing it with a top-sealing damper.
- When the fireplace is not in use, the damper seals off the flue system and prevents heat loss.
CLASS A CHIMNEYS
Have you added a wood, pellet, or gas-burning stove to your home? A Class A chimney system may be the ideal venting solution for you! Manufactured chimney systems are metal chimneys that are made in-factory (as opposed to masonry chimney systems which are built on-site at your home).
- We recommend and install the top Class A chimneys and venting systems to complete your new or old stove installation, regardless of fuel type.
- New high-efficiency furnaces often require either a Class A chimney system or a stainless steel lining system be installed in an existing masonry chimney.
- If you have a new, high-efficiency furnace, our experienced Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)-certified chimney sweeps can evaluate your situation and advise you on which type and manufacturer of chimney or venting system would be ideal for your situation.
Your chimney system should allow you a safer, more comfortable life, and we want to make sure of it by providing you with all the services needed to keep your chimney in great shape. Everyone on our team is committed to continuously improving and adding to their skills and knowledge, and to providing courteous, honest, clean, and prompt service.
Firesafe Chimney Services, a full-time, full-service, family-run chimney service business dedicated to the continued safe use of every chimney in the area, was founded in 2005 by Derek Hannah. Derek’s father was a sweep with his own company, so Derek grew up working with his dad in the chimney business. When his dad shut down his business, Derek set out on his own and founded Firesafe Chimney Services.
Firesafe Chimney Services has a five-star rating on Facebook and our customers have come to count on us for dependable, clean, and quick service. We’re fully certified, licensed, and insured, and we pride ourselves on providing custom-tailored service to each and every client, each and every time.
We believe that education and training are key and allow us to provide better service and information to our clients. That’s why we make continued education, certification, and memberships with industry-leading associations a priority for our team.
When you need professional chimney and fireplace services in Central Massachusetts, call on Firesafe Chimney Services to be sure you’re getting the best possible service.
*Loans provided by EnerBank USA, Member FDIC, (1245 Brickyard Rd., Suite 600, Salt Lake City, UT 84106) on approved credit, for a limited time. Repayment terms vary from 24 to 132 months. Interest waived if repaid in 365 days. 18.58% fixed APR, effective as of August 1, 2019, subject to change. Interest starts accruing when the loan closes.